Baby Care: A Short Baby Food Label Guide
As a new parent, perhaps you are already doing lots of shopping for your little one. From buying baby shoes online to shopping for baby travelling bags in Malaysia, there are plenty of baby essentials you must purchase even before your kid arrives home. In addition to that, there are lots of things to research on, to ensure good baby care.
One of the aspects you must focus on are baby food products. There are countless baby food items in the market, but keep in mind that not all of their labels are accurate and true. Here is a quick guide that may come in handy.
Stage #1: From 4 to 6 months old
During this age, feed only one-ingredient food products to your child.
- Gerber 1st Food
- Heinz Step 1 Beginner Food
- Beech-Nut Naturals Stage 1
- Earth’s Best 1st Beginner Food
Stage #2: 7 to 8 months old
Ata round 7 to 8 months, she can consume two-ingredient baby food products. These include combination and single-ingredient food which are strained, not pureed.
- Gerber 2nd Foods Garden Vegetables
- Heinz Strained Vegetables
- Beech-Nut Naturals Stage 2 Apples and Bananas
- Earth’s Best Corn and Butternut Squash
Stage #3: 9 to 12 months old
Once your baby turn 9 to 12 months, she must be well-prepared for stage 3 baby food. These kinds of food items have more texture, and are composed of much smaller chucks to encourage proper chewing.
- Gerber 3rd Foods Broccoli and Carrots With Cheese
- Heinz Vegetables Beef and Spaghetti – Junior Foods
- Beech-Nut Naturals Stage 3 Chicken Lasagna
- Earth’s Best Chunky Orchard Fruit – Chunky Blend
Note: These baby food jars, and their baby food labels are very easy to find. They are typically larger compared to stage 2 and 1 varieties.
Stage #4: After 12 months
Towards the start of her first year, and at the start of her second year, your child would progress to stage 4 food. At this point, you can feed your little one the kind of food the rest of the family is consuming.
- Gerber Toddler Foods Apple Mango Brown Rice With Vanilla
- Heinz Step 4 Toddler Cuisine Chicken and Stars With Vegetables and Gravy
- Beech-Nut Naturals Table Time Peach Dices in White Grape Juice From Concentrate
- Earth’s Best Toddler Breakfasts, Snacks, and Entrees